After working on Rapunzel (and actually making progress!), my brain did what it always does and started demanding me to work on something else. So, while Babe and the girls were shopping for cake supplies, I walked around Jo-Ann, looking for inspiration.
There, on an end cap were pre-made boards, ready for nail art — for $15 each (plus the cost of string). Now, look, I understand, if you don’t have the time or want the stress, fifteen bucks isn’t that bad to start a project. But, I knew I wanted something a little more nerdy (and cheap).
So, off I went. I picked up two unfinished wooden plaques, a 2 oz. container of black shiny paint, some white glitter — for $8 (plus 25% off with my coupon). Then, I picked up some nails at Wal-Mart and I was good to go.
The first thing I did was paint them black. While the paint was still wet, I sprinkled on the glitter and then waited for it to dry.
During that time, I found the pictures I was looking for — a Triforce and the Destiny symbol — and traced them on a piece of paper.
Once they were dry, I got my handy dandy hammer out and set to work. I did not measure out perfect spaces between the nails — I am far to impatient for that madness. I did, however, alternate between the top and the bottom of the line so that the spacing was relatively the same.
When I was done with that, then I set off on making the string part of “string art”. I just kind of let my brain decide what it wanted to do. No rhyme, no reason. Every once in a while, I took a step back to make sure there were no huge gaps.