Category Archives: pokequilt

WIP Wednesday: The End and a New Start

Project #2 for the year is done: K’s Pokequilt.

*throws confetti*

I’ve made a decision that the next quilt that I’m doing, I am going to send it out to be quilted because I find it to be waaaaay too stressful to do.  It will cost a bit of money, but it’s worth it. 😀  

A’s quilt is next on the list, so I’ll start cutting the fabric some time this week. 

The Colors!
The design!


Pokequilt Progress

I finally finished the back of K’s quilt which means I’ll actually be able to start quilting now. Woot!



My youngest daughter took one look at it and said, “It looks like Super Smash Bros.” 



LOL, I guess it does.

Week 6: The Pokequilt (aka WIP Wednesday)

The Pokequilt is done! *cue choir singing*

Funny story, when I started piecing the quilt together last week, I kept looking at my pile of 1.75″ squares and thinking, “Dude, there are a lot of squares left”.  Then I dismissed it because, really, math was never my strong suit.  Then, after I pieced together the 35 blocks, I realized that I needed to make a border of black and white squares around the entire quilt before I added the colored border.  Suddenly those extra squares made sense, LOL.

So, quilt top of the year is done.  I plan on hand quilting this while I start working on A’s quilt top. 

Week 4: The Pokequilt (aka WIP Wednesday)

Things were pretty quiet around here which made working on K’s quilt easy!  Not only did I piece together all of the B blocks, I also did all of the ironing *shudder*

The plan this week is to start piecing the blocks together, but with everything going on this week –a dentist appointment, helping out in A’s class, and regular non-quilting stuff–we’ll see how much I actually get done.

I’m already eying fabric for A’s quilt, but I’m resolute to only work on one quilt at a time.  *tries to stay strong*

The Pokequilt!

Well, I’ve kept my foot to the foot pedal and I’ve made some pretty good progress on this quilt.  Of course, K wants to know why it’s taking “so long” for me to finish it.  My answer is always the same: 1.700 squares, kid.

So, I managed to make all the rows for the 17 block As.

Lots and lots of squares!

Now, it’s onto the block B (I’ve got eighteen to make).  Then it will be the day (or more likely week) of ironing.  Yawn. Like major yawn.  Ironing is absolutely my least favorite part of quilting.  Good thing I have several other projects to do if it gets too boring! 😀

Quilting Update

So, K’s quilt consists of about a million squares (OK, more like 1,700) and two block designs (cleverly named Block A and Block B).  Without further ado, I present an incomplete Block A.  I’m making all of the rows for Block A and Block B before I actually piece them together, but it’s nice to look like some progress is getting made!

The quilt

The goal is to have four quilts done from start to finish by the end of the year.  Er, yeah, I think it’s a bit of a stretch too. 

So I have started sewing K’s Pokemon Black and White Inspired Quilt.

The Color Inspiration:


The fabrics:

I’m going to do my best to post weekly updates…let’s see how it goes. 😀