So, I knew I wanted to make something for the birthdays of the incredibly awesome Elizabeth and San. I tried a couple of ideas that didn’t work out, but then I stumbled across this felt bird pattern online.
Then, the creative juices started flowing.
Both of them are fans of the Avengers (and Loki), so I was like, “Dude! What if there was an Avengers-themed aviary?” And BAM! My idea was born. I present to you The Avengers Bird Assemble:
We have Captain A-“murre”-ica:
The Incredible “Hawk”:
And yes, coming up with the names was as much fun as making these!
I feel like the little engine that could…I think I can, I think I can, I think I can…
I’m moving to the section of shading which is always makes me stitch a little slower. Seeing a person or house, etc. emerge makes the little squares more worthwhile. Shading? Not so much.
Well, I managed to make some headway on A’s Starburst quilt. Pieces were cut and I started making the blocks. Not bad progress–I have five our of the 12 blocks complete. 😀 😀
The goal is to get all 12 blocks done by next week, but with the little ones on Easter break, I’m not sure how much sewing I’m going to be able to get done.
Not too much progress on the cross-stitch this week, but since I finished K’s quilt, I don’t feel too bad. 🙂
Project #2 for the year is done: K’s Pokequilt.
I’ve made a decision that the next quilt that I’m doing, I am going to send it out to be quilted because I find it to be waaaaay too stressful to do. It will cost a bit of money, but it’s worth it. 😀
A’s quilt is next on the list, so I’ll start cutting the fabric some time this week.
Babe has been on a Big Bang Theory kick so I had plenty of time to work on my cross-stitch this week. Progress, baby!
I didn’t get much done with the cross stitch (at all), so this looks a lot like last week. 😛
I finally finished the back of K’s quilt which means I’ll actually be able to start quilting now. Woot!
My youngest daughter took one look at it and said, “It looks like Super Smash Bros.”
LOL, I guess it does.
Another week, another update!
The Pokequilt is done! *cue choir singing*
Funny story, when I started piecing the quilt together last week, I kept looking at my pile of 1.75″ squares and thinking, “Dude, there are a lot of squares left”. Then I dismissed it because, really, math was never my strong suit. Then, after I pieced together the 35 blocks, I realized that I needed to make a border of black and white squares around the entire quilt before I added the colored border. Suddenly those extra squares made sense, LOL.
So, quilt top of the year is done. I plan on hand quilting this while I start working on A’s quilt top.