So, since I am done with TCSTIF, I decided to open my craft basket.
Dude, I cannot believe how many unfinished projects I have staring back at me. Too many.
So, I’m rolling out Operation: Tying Up Loose Ends which means that, hopefully, by the end of the year I will actually get some of these projects finished. The quilt needs to be done by my little one’s birthday, but I should be able to get a couple of the nearly completed projects done and out of the way.
Dudes, I’d like to introduce you to The Cross Stitch That Is Finished:
*collaspes in relief*
Next on the crafting list, finishing up the Starburst quilt.
So, yeah, it’s not finished yet. (I forgot how much I absolutely despise backstitching.) But, here’s a pic in it’s completely cross-stitched, but not-yet-backstitched state.
Next week, it should be done because I’m suddenly going to find myself with a ton of free time since the little ones will be back in school. (sob sob)
I told myself when I was able to fit all of the areas needed to be stitched into my hoop, a name change was in order. And last night, finally, I was able to do it. So, no longer will my x-stitch be referred to as The Cross-Stitch That Will Never Be Finished, but it will now be called The Cross-Stitch That Is Almost Finished.
It’s still strange seeing that acronym, I’ll tell you.
Less than a month until my deadline. I can do it! *crosses fingers*
Actually, I went into Jo-Ann yesterday and bought the stuff I need for my next project which is just tempting me to bail on this. Must. Finish. This. Project.
This week comes much progress and a much, much better picture than last week. Soon, I’ll have to change to acronym to TCSTIAF (The Cross-Stitch That Is Almost Finished)
Fingers are still crossed that I’ll have it finished by my birthday. 😀 Plus, like I said on Twitter, I’ve already got my next crafting project in mind.
So, I knew I wanted to make something for the birthdays of the incredibly awesome Elizabeth and San. I tried a couple of ideas that didn’t work out, but then I stumbled across this felt bird pattern online.
Then, the creative juices started flowing.
Both of them are fans of the Avengers (and Loki), so I was like, “Dude! What if there was an Avengers-themed aviary?” And BAM! My idea was born. I present to you The Avengers Bird Assemble:
We have Captain A-“murre”-ica:
The Incredible “Hawk”:
And yes, coming up with the names was as much fun as making these!
I feel like the little engine that could…I think I can, I think I can, I think I can…
I’m moving to the section of shading which is always makes me stitch a little slower. Seeing a person or house, etc. emerge makes the little squares more worthwhile. Shading? Not so much.
Well, I managed to make some headway on A’s Starburst quilt. Pieces were cut and I started making the blocks. Not bad progress–I have five our of the 12 blocks complete. 😀 😀
The goal is to get all 12 blocks done by next week, but with the little ones on Easter break, I’m not sure how much sewing I’m going to be able to get done.
Not too much progress on the cross-stitch this week, but since I finished K’s quilt, I don’t feel too bad. 🙂
Project #2 for the year is done: K’s Pokequilt.
I’ve made a decision that the next quilt that I’m doing, I am going to send it out to be quilted because I find it to be waaaaay too stressful to do. It will cost a bit of money, but it’s worth it. 😀
A’s quilt is next on the list, so I’ll start cutting the fabric some time this week.